Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Personally, I like the national myths of ancient nations. The Myrmidons -- the tribe of Achilles -- were descended from ants. Why? Because they were known for their loyalty, and they wore brown armour (unlike anyone else in the Bronze Age, obviously).
"In one account, Zeus seduced Eurymedousa in the form of an ant"
Literally how. I get Greek mythological figures are kinda freaky but an ant??

"In one account, Zeus seduced Eurymedousa in the form of an ant"
Literally how. I get Greek mythological figures are kinda freaky but an ant??
They weren't the only ant-descended tribe.
Certain Greek and Roman sources (including Herodotus and Pliny the Elder) mention the Myrmekes, or Myrmex Indikos -- a race of giant ants from India and Bactria, who dig for gold in the mountains of Kashmir and Baltistan and built ant-hills out of the gold-dust. Other Indian (human) tribes grow rich from stealing gold from these monstrous sentient ants, but it's a dangerous way to make your fortune -- sort of like stealing treasure from a dragon. Or a Myrmidon, I guess.

Further info

Honestly, I support the ants' claim to the region. Kashmir shouldn't be Indian, Pakistani, or even a Jewish state -- it should be an ant homeland.
Although of course, there's a Kashmiri claim of Israelite descent, too. So maybe the Lost Tribes of Israel were ants?

Last edited:
In January 1759 (before the fall of quebec), Etienne de Silhouette (in the 1750s, at times, main royal comissioner of the French indies company, minister of finances, and main negociator (with De la Gallissonniere) of the pre-7YW North american boundary comission) Proposed to exchange Canada for Georgia:
So French Georgia and British Canada, huh? Probably wouldn't change things much for the British side, but this French Colony could become quite important if they manage to connect the lands between Savannah and New Orleans. Even more if the French manage to take/negotiate Florida from Spain, or some part of it (at least the panhandle), to have full access to the Gulf of Mexico.