I imagine Germany is going to take a slightly larger Alsace-Lorraine than OTL, to include the Longwy-Briey iron basin that was right on the border and had not been discovered in 1871.
The current Kaiserreich Germany borders are the more likely outcome, push Alsace-Lorraine to the Vosges and get a bit more of Belgium.

His solution, then, was a preliminary mobilization by France and Belgium to prevent a German invasion. Castelnau also predicted that, as the nations of Europe turned one-by-one against Germany, that Britain would join in the fighting to safeguard Belgian neutrality, and Russia may be persuaded to join the fray, too, while Italy remained out.
We had a hell of a run with Germany lads, but its time we say our goodbyes to them. With the combine might of Austria, Britain, Belgium, Denmark, France and Russia, Germany has no chance to win. If KingSweden is a benevolent and just God, he will at least make Belgium burn to the ground before Germany.

Great American War lasted three years and two months. I'm thinking this war lasts longer than that but not by much. This war also feels far less existential than the GAW. Not saying there won't be millions of casualties, just saying that France circa 1923 won't be nearly as bad off as the CSA circa 1918.
That's a correct assumption
This was the character that popped into my head every time she came up! I am glad it was intentional. Does that make Stephane Clement Jijibo? He is less crazy but certainly as vicious.
Hey another MS&T enjoyer! There are dozens of us, dozens! (Working through "Into the Narrowdark" right now)

Heh. Steffie as Jijibo makes a certain sort of sense. That, or one of Elias' goons from the original (and superior) trilogy
Is it even possible for Germany and Italy to treat France post-war the way that the USA treated the CSA? Germany and Italy can only take so much "border" areas. Germany isn't taking Paris, probably Alsace and the most that would be wanted riverwise is to push France off the Rhine which functionally equals taking Strassbourg. (Which as far as I can tell had been French since 1681) Italy grabs the pre Plombières Agreement borders including Nice/Nizza and (possibly) Corsica. Post war boundaries with what is now AH are going be *far* more fluid and will largely depend if an independent Hungary is at the table.

In terms of the various fronts of the CEW compared to the GAW. No state is as unprepared as the USA was. FG, FI & IA will look a lot like the war east of the Appalachians, but if the USA had 5 Divisions in Maryland on alert on day 1.

GA will be sort of a cross between the Midlands front, the mountainous edge of the Eastern Front and the Ozarks. There will be nothing equivalent to the Western Front, Mesopotamia (Brazilian/Argentine) or Chile's fighting. The equivalent to Nashville is *probably* Prague. :( (Possibly also Bratislava) The equivalent to Chile is Denmark is with less war stupidity. The equivalent to Britain is... Britain. The most likely powers outside of Europe to be courted are Japan, Mexico and Brazil, but with only Japan greater than a 25% chance, I think. *Lots* of efforts to recruit experienced troops from the GAW to the CEW, with the *most* recruited being Pilots and *anyone* involved with the breakthrough at Nashville or any of the advances in the East. I don't remember where the Colonel(?) in charge of Section R ended up, could make the US lean the other way.

Navywise, you'll have Naval fighting away from Europe including the Southern Caribbean and Asia. Japan joining one side or another will make far more difference than it did in Our WWI.
I'd say that's a fine summation
In some sense Russia could also be argued to be playing the role of UK/Canada in the GAW as a large non-aligne power. Other than that only other ones who care could maybe be Netherlands, Romania, or Spain (all of which I imagine are varying levels of cheering on Berlin but not wanting to join).

We have touched on Europe and Asia but what about any fighting in Africa? I am trying to remembe where (other than between German Greater Angola and the Belgian/French Congos) the belligerent powers have colonies next to each other...are French Djibouti and Italian SOmalia still a thing here?
Djibouti and Italian Eritrea are definitely both still things.

Also Togo and Dahomey are right next to each other but, all things considered, fairly secondary as concerns, and Togo would probably get overrun very quickly with French West Africa right there. Kamerun is beside the Congo and controls access to the disputed Ubangi-Shari territory, as well.
I imagine Germany is going to take a slightly larger Alsace-Lorraine than OTL, to include the Longwy-Briey iron basin that was right on the border and had not been discovered in 1871.
Yes indeed. Briey-Longwy seems an obvious attachment to, say, Luxembourg, which already had substantial steel assets (and which the Hohenzollerns already govern as Grand Dukes, in personal union).