Huh... Wonder if he and Goldwater would disagree on Taxation. Thought Goldwater would appoint a more Conservative guy like Donald Regan(Not Ronald Reagan but his Treasury secretary. Created Reganomics.).
Also Muskie is there.
Wonder how he feels surrounded by Rascists.
Rockefeller, Muskie and Scranton are concessions to the Republican left within the cabinet, Rockie is there specifically because he is trying to prevent Goldwater from dismantling the Bank of America on day one.

Kissinger in this ITL will strive for the nuclear annihilation of Germany. The first thing he will do is to send ships to the Heligoland Bay. Where the incident will occur and the American Intervention in Denmark will begin.

It was said that the US Military is currently very underfunded, but does this extend to it's Nuclear Arsenal? And how does it compare to Germany's Nuke Stockpile?

Last edited:
It was said that the US Military is currently very underfunddd, but does this extend to it's Nuclear Arsenal? And how does it compare to Germany's Nuke Stockpile?
The Germans do have a larger stockpile than the US and Britain combined, Goebbels had ramped up the production during the Angriff and the US military has been underfunded up until the late Smith Era.

Why would he be allowed to do that? The world just had several nuclear war scares and I simply do not see the US leadership to allow this no matter how much Kissinger bitches about it.

Unlike in OTL ITTL opening ties with China is not really beneficial. And Russia wouldn't be happy. It surely one of most anti-communist nations ITTL.
It actually is beneficial and Russia could be happy. Remember, if China is an enemy for Russia they have to watch two flanks but if Russia and America can get China into an ally or at least ambient, than both Russia and America will be able to focus more on Nazi Germany. Of course Germany itself should recognize this and might make steps to woo China. As for what China should do, well China should act like the prettiest girl at the dance and flirt with all but commit to none aka hedge their bets and never commit to any concrete positions in the shifting balance of powers

It actually is beneficial and Russia could be happy. Remember, if China is an enemy for Russia they have to watch two flanks but if Russia and America can get China into an ally or at least ambient, than both Russia and America will be able to focus more on Nazi Germany. Of course Germany itself should recognize this and might make steps to woo China. As for what China should do, well China should act like the prettiest girl at the dance and flirt with all but commit to none aka hedge their bets and never commit to any concrete positions in the shifting balance of powers
The Reich flirting with the Communist Asiatic Horde? Impossible, even more so if we consider how they 'interacted' with the Japanese...

The Reich flirting with the Communist Asiatic Horde? Impossible, even more so if we consider how they 'interacted' with the Japanese...
That was more with Goebbels and Hess in charge, who were radical ideologues. Will Remer have the same hesitation? After all, Hitler didn't have a problem making a Pact with Stalin.

That was more with Goebbels and Hess in charge, who were radical ideologues. Will Remer have the same hesitation? After all, Hitler didn't have a problem making a Pact with Stalin.
I can see some minor "yeah, these chinese/germans are bad but not as bad as the evil imperialist/jewish West" but not much more than that.

What would they be willing to offer to each other? Military aid, advisors and technology exchange are out of the question.

Economic treaties? Some minor investments perhaps but both are preoccupied with their internal situation to care much about each other

Maybe a verbal agreement of self-defence for the unlikely event that russia invades? I doubt anything written will come out of such a meeting.

How do diplomacy even work in this world? I doubt embassies are common and Germany certainly does not have a chinese embassy in berlin nor anywhere in the Pakt (perhaps Turkey or Iran?)

The problem with this is that China is significantly stronger than OTL along with being the only major communist power in the world. The reality is that China will see Russia/the US as bigger threats simply because they are in their way for total domination over East Asia which the Chinese want due to how more powerful they are to make up for the century of humiliation.

Also Germany simply is less of a threat to China due to distance and lack of any way for either side to really intrude into either of their sphere of influence.

Military aid, advisors and technology exchange are out of the question.
I mean Hitler and Stalin did that

Economic treaties?
I mean Nazi Germany and the USSR both did that in OTL

Russia/the US as bigger threats simply because they are in their way for total domination over East Asia
LOL a Russia that lost most of it's productive areas and has a major threat in Germany is a threat to China. Russia can't piss off China too much if they want to exist, otherwise if they ever fight Germany again all China has to do is take the Far East and Russia is dead as a state. Also America is said to have a hollowed out its military and now it has to deal with a war in Mexico. China already has domination over East Asia, no one there can really contest them.

LOL a Russia that lost most of it's productive areas and has a major threat in Germany is a threat to China. Russia can't piss off China too much if they want to exist, otherwise if they ever fight Germany again all China has to do is take the Far East and Russia is dead as a state. Also America is said to have a hollowed out its military and now it has to deal with a war in Mexico. China already has domination over East Asia, no one there can really contest them.
I mean they are still there and all things considered China probably wants to not just be master of East Asia but the next major power if not the only one if they can manage it. Until the Chinese gain support in say the middle East China and Germany have little in ways to directly interact either negatively or positively.

Edit: Actually India is more of a threat to China than Germany of the US all things considered in terms of being the power with the greatest ability to counter them.

Last edited:

Yeah, and they also did that with China.
The big difference is that Germany is now a Superpower with 3 decades of self-indoctrination about their absolute supremacy and at least 2 decades without any real diplomacy except for violence. Even if Remer is not as fanatical as other Fuhrers, he is still prideful and he has no need to sit as equals at a table with China.

GOLDWATER CABINET (1969-)
Secretary of State
HENRY ALFRED KISSINGER
Latin America be like:
I'm in Danger': The Evolution of a One-Liner Into a Viral Meme

Kissinger in this ITL will strive for the nuclear annihilation of Germany. The first thing he will do is to send ships to the Heligoland Bay. Where the incident will occur and the American Intervention in Denmark will begin.
The fate of the world will come down to a game of Diplomacy between Henry Kissinger and Klara Hitler

Very, very, different situation. Germany is now self sufficient. Achieving Lebensraum made sure that Germany doesn't need to deal with ideological enemies in that kind of way.

Actually India is more of a threat to China
Are they really? India is on the other side of the Himalayas and in OTL got it's ass kicked by China in the Sino-Indian War. This was at the tail end of the GLF, in TTL the GLF's death toll is very reduced and while India is larger TTL that doesn't really do much.

Are they really? India is on the other side of the Himalayas and in OTL got it's ass kicked by China in the Sino-Indian War. This was at the tail end of the GLF, in TTL the GLF's death toll is very reduced and while India is larger TTL that doesn't really do much.
Considering India has access to both the greater Indian Ocean and can more easily accommodate none communist segments of societies dealing with decolonization, especially those who begin to develop I would say yes they are. Even if India remains relatively militarily weak their position as an alternative to China and a major market and anti-colonial power leaves them as a major threat to further Chinese expansion of international influence.

This talk of nuclear weapons, considering they are thrown like candies in this timeline, we are gonna see nuclear weapons used on American soil during the Civil War aren't we?
High-yield nuclear weapons even. yeah, whoever faction/factions? survives the civil war will retreat in isolation for the sake of rebuilding.

This talk of nuclear weapons, considering they are thrown like candies in this timeline, we are gonna see nuclear weapons used on American soil during the Civil War aren't we?
High-yield nuclear weapons even. yeah, whoever faction/factions? survives the civil war will retreat in isolation for the sake of rebuilding.
I mean it depends. If the civil war becomes brutal enough than yes we will as it becomes harder for any side to win. If thing remain more stable or at least less chaotic, the different sides are less likely to use them if for no other reason that they would rather not hurt any potential infrastructure or resources in the nation.

Could America really fall into a full on civil war? The Troubles or Years of Lead are one thing, but the whole country turning into present day Syria or Yemen is another thing entirely.