What if more ethnic homelands were created

As far as I can tell, the major ones were Israel, and post-Treaty of Sèvres Armenia. I guess the breakdown of both the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia also count, but usually when we think of newly-created ethnic homelands, we're talking about people who received persecution, not only because of separatism.

So yeah would anyone ever have bothered to set up a Kurdish state? And besides them (who get all of the press), what other homelands could have been created?

Their was IIRC some considerationf by the British of creating a Kurdish state in the aftermath of WWI.

Aside from that their really were'nt alot of groups within the Central Powers that could be given homelands as a result of either being to small, to spread out or would require carving up territory being given to another group.

As far as I can tell, the major ones were Israel, and post-Treaty of Sèvres Armenia. I guess the breakdown of both the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia also count, but usually when we think of newly-created ethnic homelands, we're talking about people who received persecution, not only because of separatism.

So yeah would anyone ever have bothered to set up a Kurdish state? And besides them (who get all of the press), what other homelands could have been created?

Israel and Armenia were not created, they fought for their independence .

Israel and Armenia were not created, they fought for their independence .

Israel was created by the British taking part of Ottoman Territory and then letting Jews immigrate their, eventually being given Independence.

Israel has fought wars as an Independent state, but it did not fight for its independence.

Um yeah anyway I'd like to see actual references about considerations of creating a Kurdish state post-WWI. I know the Kurds get a lot of press, but I feel like it's more of a post-Gulf War phenomenon, probably before 1991 they were considered yet another stateless ethnicity among countless ones.

It may be, but it's very implausible, I would like to see such a situation post-Civil War, though.

Um yeah anyway I'd like to see actual references about considerations of creating a Kurdish state post-WWI. I know the Kurds get a lot of press, but I feel like it's more of a post-Gulf War phenomenon, probably before 1991 they were considered yet another stateless ethnicity among countless ones.

the never-ratified Treaty of Sèvres laid out the idea of Kurdistan and super Armenia with in the borders of Turkey, of course Atatürk came along and took those lands back

The Treaty of Sevres was a stupid idea anyway. Giving huge amounts of Eastern Anatolia to Armenia where Armenians hadn't been the Majority for centuries (and in some cases, never). Creating a Kurdish state (Which would be governed by who exactly, the Kurds didn't have a significantly educated state, and at any rate, the state would be dominated by the Brits. Then theres giving non-Greek areas to Greece. It was an especially harsh treaty and it was a good thing it was overturned.

Israel is actually an interesting case. It was almost created from scratch, if you know what I men. Large numbers of Jews had to move there before it could be a viable ethnic homeland. I can't think of another case like that. However, there are lots of ethnic groups already living in their homelands that simply aren't independent states.

Tibet and East Turkestan both had periods of self-rule in this time period. Either one of those, or both, could have formed lasted ethnic homeland states.

Some of the various ethnic groups in India probably could've gone their own way. I am no expert, though.

In Europe, you might be able to get a Basque state if things went just right. Might be able to split Spain, too. Neither of these are overly likely, though.

Warsie

Banned
Some of the various ethnic groups in India probably could've gone their own way. I am no expert, though.

Well that i think would have been from exacerbated northern/southern indian divides as nothign else other than hindu/muslm divides or a sikh state would have prompted that.

Tibet and East Turkestan both had periods of self-rule in this time period. Either one of those, or both, could have formed lasted ethnic homeland states.

Tibetans are composed of Sherpas, Amdoese, Lhasaese etc.., it is an example of an Asian nation which are normally subdivided into regional groups that have their own language.

The Treaty of Sevres was a stupid idea anyway. Giving huge amounts of Eastern Anatolia to Armenia where Armenians hadn't been the Majority for centuries (and in some cases, never). Creating a Kurdish state (Which would be governed by who exactly, the Kurds didn't have a significantly educated state, and at any rate, the state would be dominated by the Brits. Then theres giving non-Greek areas to Greece. It was an especially harsh treaty and it was a good thing it was overturned.

Then you're gonna love this.